Saturday, June 27, 2009

Acoustics in Brigham Square

The event I attended this week was the Acoustic Concert in Brigham Square on Wednesday night. Over all I thought it a great evening activity. I loved the added feature of it being outside. This made it more comfortable and laid back for everyone in attendance. At one point in the concert there was a dance competition, where members of the audience were encouraged to come up and dance for everyone. This was a great technique that promoted complete audience involvement. Another thing that made it more interesting was every band or individual who performed were BYU students. I think this really brought a better audience-to-performer connection; we felt we had something in common with the performers. This also made me reflect on what we discussed in class, that the most important art is the art being created now and that it defines this generation. Having that class discussion and going to the concert brought to my attention that these young ambitious students are those who will be remembered by and associated with our generation for years to come. It was a wonderful way to experience our the BYU Campus atmosphere along with the other students.

This term I plan on attending the Farmers Market, a movie screening in my home neighborhood of East Millcreek in Salt Lake City, and an art exhibit. I don't know what else, but I'm pretty excited to attend one each week.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fun event! Wish I could have been there. I love outdoor concerts... the last one I went to was a Beatles cover band. That was pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete