Saturday, August 8, 2009

BYU Summer Dancesport Challenge

When this event was first introduced, and the price said to be $11.00 I was not too interested. But soon I found that two of my roommates were going to be participating, as well as some of my other friends I was significantly more interested. I was planning to go at 12:00 on the dot and watch the beginning where I knew for sure that my roommates were competing, but I didn't make it as to my late night the night before. I eventually attending from 5:00 to 6:00 and ended up sitting with Natalie from our very own humanities class!

Before I even entered the Wilk Ballroom I thought I would just be there for forty-five minutes or so, but I was engrossed just a dance or two. Me and Natalie very quickly picked our favorites from the dancers, and watched them succeed to win first and second places. It was even better when our friends would dance, because we felt more connected with the dancers and enjoyed it more. We sat up and took many pictures, and even some film, from where we were sitting on the second row. By the end we were standing up, and eventually jumping up and down and yelling by the time they got to the awards! It was intense, and I'm very glad I went.

One of the things I loved the most about the Dancesport Challenge was that whether there to really compete or there for fun, you could tell all the dancers loved what they were doing. Some were a little stressed if I might say, but for the most part they were enjoying every minutes of it; you could see it in their faces. We also enjoyed seeing the little ones dance. I wish I could have learned to dance like that when I was younger. It was good to see how even though some of them were only ten or twelve, they knew what they were doing. Some were dancing like it was their job! You could tell they enjoyed doing what they were doing and for some of them it looked as if it was a part of them. By the way they moved and the look in their faces you could tell that some of them wouldn't want to be anywhere else than there on the dance floor. It even made me happy! I came home from the Dancesport and was bursting with joy for some reason I still don't know. I didn't know watching and getting into the dances could be so amazing for my emotions. I was so happy, I could have danced and sung all night!

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was a lot of fun to go to as well. I really liked the cha-cha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was so much fun!!! Our pictures were great and i also loved watching the people we knew. The little dancer girl in front of us was darling (:

    ReplyDelete