Saturday, August 8, 2009

For my video screening I went to the showing of Amadeus that Ms. Stokes so kindly put on for the few of us that weren't able to make it to another one. I had only seen the clip of when Mozart plays the harpsicord for the Emperor, where he makes a fool of the court composer and laughs his little head off, but never the whole thing. I was very excited to see this film, and I'm happy to report that I was not let down in any way. My expectations were met in full.

Afterward Jasie mentioned that during the movie she kept wanting to jump up and pause it to show us what the cinematographer was doing to make us feel the way we did, and what techniques they were using to achieve that effect. I noticed a couple of the high and low-angle shots, but I was too engrossed in the storyline of the movie I didn't notice much else. Afterward as I was talking with Joann, we found that we both were very into the movie the entire time. I think that is what makes a film a great film; when you are engaged in what is happening.

I definitely think that this movie is a great success. As for it's length, it was long but I hardly noticed the time go. Time flies when you are having fun! I think they really did a wonderful job eith this film. There was both the facts of his life, and the fictional points, but it was interesting nonetheless. I think that is another quality of a good film; if you learned something or took something from the movie that you didn't ever know before. I walked away feeling better aquainted with Mozart's life and what he went through. I know that not all aspects of the movie and the facts produced were correct, but for the most part I think it was. I learned something new andn enjoyed it thoroughly! I give this cultural event a 10 out of 10! Bravo!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have been able to go the screening. It sounds like a good movie. I like movies that teach you about a real person, who they were, and what they had done. These kinds of movies inspire me.

    ReplyDelete